February, the month of ❤️s. Give your body the ❤️ it deserves by making it stronger. Join me and fellow blogger Allison of inverted sneakers as we launch the ❤️StrongBody Streak Challenge. Starting on February 1, commit to 15 minutes of strength training, any workout of your choice, EVERYDAY until the end of the month.
As most of you know, I recently did a holiday Strength Streak Challenge and wrote a post on how to succeed at it. Allison commented on my post that she wanted to do something similar in February so after a brief suggestion, we decided to create this challenge and invite others to join in the fun. We are also starting a Facebook group for participants where you can post the workouts you did, provide or ask for ideas on types of workouts to do and give each other motivation.
At the end of February, you will receive the ultimate prize – a STRONGER YOU!
Plus many of the benefits strength training has to offer:
- Slow the effects of aging. Research has shown a muscle loss avg of 5 lbs per decade starting in your 30’s for non-strength training adults.
- Improve body composition – MORE Muscle, LESS Fat!
- Increase your resting metabolic rate therefore burn more calories on a daily basis
- Prevent the risk of overuse injuries associated with repetitive landing forces such as in running. Specific strength training improves muscle strength imbalances which protects your tendons and ligaments from injury.
- Increased bone mineral density, important for older women who are more at risk to develop osteoporosis.
And the list goes on! These are just the physical benefits. A 2011 article written in IDEA Fitness Journal discussed how resistance training also improves mental health.
Convinced yet? When you decide to participate, let us know by posting in the comment section, then look for our Facebook group, ❤️StrongBody Streak and request to join.
JOIN US ON FEBRUARY 1ST TO BUILD A STRONGER YOU.